Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day3 in the UK

11 July 2012
Spent most of the day mucking about(that English for doing nothing useful) Went to get food, and liquid refreshments. Later in the day I got to be a passenger in Richard's Lotus. OK since most people I know have never been in a Lotus, the first challenge is getting in and out. Me being some 6ft this proved a chore at first, but did get the hang of it. This Lotus, a very bright Yellow and Black strip says......make me go fast.
So off we go on tiny narrow roads, red line at 6500......holly shit its fast and corners like a cat.  Richard pushes the Lotus to max on the straight a ways.....hope that there are no cars coming out of these blind driveways....OH god don't let me die!!!!!
After about 1/2 hour we stop at a Lotus dealer, I think that Richards want me to buy one and then race back home.....not. There are some lovely machines here, ranging from £9000 for used to £54000 (on the road) for as new one. I got to see one of the first Formula 1 car driven by  the famous Sir Jackie Stewart, it was in the show room on display. At some time in the near future, there will be an event with Sir Jackie Stewart. I did not have the camera so I will have to get a photo later, I hope the car is till around.
I also was showing what narrow roads look like, can you say "cart path", paved and you can touch the bank as you are whistling by at 50MPH
Tomorrow we head for London, more later, now I must join the family for R&R, and a cool Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment